Attention Singer Songwriters!
Enter The Acorn's 9th annual Singer Songwriter Competition for cash prizes and performing opportunities! Judges will select finalists from entries received by the Tuesday June 1 deadline. The top 6 will perform in the Finals at The Acorn on Thursday, August 12. More info and a link to the Entry Form are below.
Singer Songwriter Competition Entry Guidelines 2021
- Tuesday, June 1st @ 11 PM ET. Submission Deadline (any entries after the deadline will not be considered)
- Tuesday, June 15th. Notification to Finalists
- Friday, July 16th. Finals. Check in for finalists TBD. Event start time is 7 PM ET / 6 PM CT
- 3 songs $25
- Preferred - Online (credit card) Acorn Singer Songwriter Competition
- By check: Make check payable to The Acorn and mail to The Acorn, P.O. Box 395, Three Oaks, MI 49128. If you are paying by check, please include a separate sheet with the name of the participant, email, song titles and a phone number where you can be reached. Once we receive the check, you will receive a confirmation via email.
- Video entries only.
- Each song must have accompanying lyric sheets with song title and songwriter's name on each song.
- Video performances should be as close to "live" as possible.
- Video and audio quality need to be good enough for judges to conduct informed evaluations. Make sure we can see you and hear you!
- Video format options: mp4 download, smartphone video, YouTube link, or Vimeo link. If your file size is too big, we recommend you upload to Google Drive
- Submissions can include up to 3 people.
- Preferred format for video and lyric sheet entries is to paste links in the online entry form. (Use links from a cloud such as Dropbox, Box or Google Drive. We accept YouTube links for performance videos as well. Please do NOT copy/paste your lyrics into the Google Form.)
How It Works
- 6 semi-finalists are chosen from the pool of submissions. Those 6 semi-finalists compete at the Singer Songwriter Finals, Friday July 16th, 8 PM ET, in front of of three prestigious judges and Acorn patrons.
- During the first round, each finalist plays their winning entry. The panel then narrows down to 3 Top Finalists.
- The top 3 picks from the first round perform a second original song of their choosing. The audience votes on the winner and runner-up.
- First place $1000 Second place $250 Third place $100
- All finalists will also receive an audio recording of their performance at The Acorn.
- Finalists are considered for other Acorn shows and recommended for other area events.
- Submit 3 songs.
- Entrants can have up to 3 people performing in their group.
- Travel to The Acorn is the responsibility of the performers.
- Previous 1st place winners in The Acorn Singer Songwriter Competition are not eligible to compete for five years.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org