The Acorn provides opportunities for outside producers to bring their artists to our stage. Our rates are affordable and include services to help make your show a success. The Acorn venue seats up to 300. We have a full state-of-the-art sound system and lighting equipment. The Acorn provides event listing and ticket sales through our website, show operations staffing and multiple marketing outlets.
The Acorn is the ideal venue to record and videotape artists. Please contact us for more information.
Outside Producer Rentals: Doreen Stelton firstname.lastname@example.org
Amenities: Full bar and free nearby parking
Rental rates include stage and seating area, lobby, tech booth, lighting and sound equipment, dressing room, backstage, lobby merch area and audience amenities, including heating/cooling, and bathrooms.
Reservations & Information
Produce an Event or Private Rental
Doreen Stelton: email@example.com
LeighAnn Gilpin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front of House (FOH) - 5300 Watts Total
Equipment Available for Rent
- Kimball 6'10" grand piano with adjustable bench
- Peavey KB300 keyboard amplifier
- Gretsch Renown maple drum set (Including): 24" kick w/pedal, 14" snare w/stand, single tom w/stand, 16" floor tom (all Evans heads), adjustable drum throne, hi-hat stand, 14” hi-hat cymbals, and 18" ride cymbals, 16" and 20” crash cymbals (all Zildjian)
- David Eden World Tour WT-800 bass amplifier head with (Bullfrog 4x10 AlumaBass cabinet)
- Drum riser
- Fender Bassman ’59 Reissue combo guitar amplifier
- Movie screen & video projector
- Additional equipment available for rent upon request.
Equipment Available Included With Rent
- Allen & Heath Model QU-32 Digital Audio Mixing Console
- 32 Mic/Line channels
- 3 stereo channels
- 40 sources to the mix
- 4 DCA Groups
- 4 Mute Groups
- 12 Output Mixes (4 mono, 3 stereo, left & right main)
- 4 Effects (4 send buses)
- 32 out, 32 in USB, 4 stereo groups, 2 stereo
- Parametric & Graphic EQ
- Gating, compression, multi-effects on each channel.
- Motorized faders
- Total recall of all settings
- 100 scene memories
- USB streaming and multitrack hard drive recording
- Remote IPAD wireless control capable
- DBX Driverack PA+ Speaker Management System
Two QSC GX7 Stereo Power Amplifiers
- 725 watts each channel at 8 ohms driving four JBL PRX415M
- 15" and horn 2-way speaker cabinet (mid/hi’s)
- One Mackie 808S 1200 Watt Stereo Powered Mixer
- One Fender Bassman ‘59 Reissue 4x10 Tube Amplifier
- One Crown XTI-6002 Series 2 Stereo Power Amplifier
- 1200 watts each channel at 8 ohms driving two JBL PRX 418S single 18" subwoofer cabinets
Stage & Monitor
- Four - Mackie SRM350 powered monitor speakers
- Two - Yamaha Stage IV 15" monitors
- Six - Behringer DI100 direct boxes (DI,s) and multiple ¼” instrument cables
- Various Audio-Technica, Behringer, EV, Sennheiser, and Shure cardioid and condenser Microphones and multiple XLR microphone cables
- Various straight stick & boom microphone stands (short and tall)
- Six music stands
Producer FAQWhat does it cost to rent The Acorn?
For rental rates, contact email@example.com.
What is included in the base rent?
Rent includes stage and seating area, lobby, tech booth, lighting and sound equipment, dressing rooms, backstage, outside display area, and audience amenities, including heating/cooling, and bathrooms.
What marketing is included in the base rent?
The Acorn will market and promote events including but not limited to e-blasts, social media, other area websites and Acorn flyer. A producer may send up to 3 posters and/or flyers and postcards for display at the theater.
Can the Acorn record the show?
Yes! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on video or audio recording.
Do you have a piano?
A Kimball 6’10” Grand Piano with Adjustable Bench
Does the piano have to remain onstage?
The piano is stored off stage.
What is the size of the stage?
What hours do we have access to the theater?
Theater access is from 4pm ET (3 pm CT) with load out by 11:30 pm ET (10:30 CT) unless otherwise arranged in advance.
What time do doors open to the public?
Doors open 1 hour before the show unless arranged otherwise in advance.
Would the Acorn consider a door split instead of a rental?
The Acorn does not do door splits.
Can we bring our own sound technician?
Yes, with prior arrangement. The Acorn Technical Engineer must always be present.
Can we bring our own sound and lighting equipment?
Any external outboard gear, sound consoles, monitor boards, lighting equipment, etc., must be approved in advance.
Do you allow haze machines or fire?
Where do we unload?
At the Acorn’s front door on Generation Drive.
Where can we park?
Free public parking is available on the streets and in lots throughout Three Oaks. Overnight parking is not available. Please reference this map for details.
Can I leave my vehicle in a municipal lots or on the street overnight?
How can we be considered as an opener for a show?
Please email email@example.com to ask about possibilities.
Can we sell tickets on a website other than the Acorn’s?
Can we host a Meet and Greet?
Yes, by arrangement.
Can we sell merchandise?
Yes. The Acorn will not take a percentage. Sales cannot be processed through the Acorn so bring your own bank.
Is there a staff person to help sell our merchandise?
Our volunteers are generally available to help you.
Can you recommend an area hotel?
For restaurants and accommodations in the local area, check our Tourist Information.
Can we hold seats for friends and family prior to the show?
Producers may reserve up to 2 seats.
Are children welcome?
Supervised children are welcome.
Can we bring our own alcohol and food?
You may bring in your own food. Alcohol is available through the bar.
Is there a dressing room?
Is there a shower?
Where can we eat before the show?
Three Oaks Bars & Restaurants
New Buffalo-Union Pier-Harbert area
Where can we have an after party?
Nelson’s Saloon in Three Oaks is open late. Call in advance, 269-756-6161, to confirm hours.
Do you rent the theater as a rehearsal space?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What is the Acorn seating capacity?