Attention Singer Songwriters!
Enter The Acorn's 8th annual Singer Songwriter Competition for cash prizes and performing opportunities! Judges will select finalists from entries received by the May 30 deadline. The top 8 will perform in the Finals at The Acorn on August 13. More info and a link to the Entry Form are below.
Singer Songwriter Competition Entry Guidelines 2020
Thursday, May 30 @ 11 PM ET. Submission Deadline (any entries after the deadline may not be considered)
Thursday, June 14. Notification to Finalists
Thursday, August 13 Finals at The Acorn. Arrival check in 4 PM ET. Show: 8 PM ET
- 3 songs $25
- Preferred - Online (credit card) Acorn Singer Songwriter Competition
- By check: Make check payable to Acorn Center for the Performing Arts and mail to The Acorn, 107 Generation Drive, Three Oaks, MI 49128. If you are paying by check, please include the name of the entrant, song titles and a phone number where you can be reached.
- Video entries only.
- Each song must have accompanying lyric sheets with song title and songwriter's name on each song.
- Video performances should be as close to "live" as possible.
- Video and audio quality need to be good enough for judges to conduct informed evaluations.
- Video format options: mp4 download, smartphone video, YouTube link, or Vimeo link. If your file size is too big, we recommend you upload to Google Drive
- Submissions can include up to 3 people in their group.
- Preferred format for video and lyric sheet entries is to paste links in the online entry form. (Use links from a cloud such as Dropbox, Box or Google Drive.) The second option is to send materials by email to email@example.com
- 8 semi-finalists are chosen from the pool of submissions. Those 8 semi-finalists compete at the Singer Songwriter Finals, July 18, 8 PM ET, in front of a packed house and a panel of three prestigious judges.
- During the first round, each finalist plays their winning entry. The panel then narrows down to 3 Top Finalists.
- The top 3 picks from the first round perform a second original song of their choosing. The audience votes on the winner and runner-up.
- First place $1000 Second place $250 Third place $100
- All finalists will also receive an audio recording of their performance at The Acorn.
- The top three finalists will receive a professional video recording of their performance at The Acorn.
- Finalists are considered for other shows at The Acorn and recommended for other area events.
- Submit 3 songs.
- Entrants can have up to 3 people performing in their group.
- Travel to The Acorn is the responsibility of the Singer Songwriter
- Previous 1st place winners in The Acorn Singer Songwriter Competition are not eligible to compete for five years.
How It Works
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org